The Brain, Behavior and Performance Unit (BBPU), a component of the Center for Applied Research Sciences (CARS), has specialized infrastructure and expertise in the performance of clinical research studies of the nervous system. The BBPU provides collaboration, consultation or specific testing covering neurologic, psychiatric and psychometric domains as well as training in all of these areas. The facility also includes specialized testing for muscle strength and function, quantified measures of movement, including gait, performance-based measures of daily living activities and quality-of-life measures. In addition, the BBPU will provide key infrastructure support for these research studies, including common database collection, retrieval and transfer of all research information, and technical personnel to implement these measurements.
Services & Resources
- Consultation for designing studies using BBPU
- Training for investigators, trainees and research coordinators
- Performance based measures of activities of daily living
- Neurologic evaluations including multiple standard rating scales of movement, mental status and mood
- Structured psychiatric interviews, limited
- Specialized testing for muscle strength and function
- Psychometric testing
- Quantified measures of movement, including gait
- Quality-of-life measures
- Key infrastructure support for research studies, including common database collection, retrieval and transfer of research information
- Consultations for collaborative studies
Facilities & Other Resources
Access the standard description of BBPU facilities and other resources for grant application purposes.