The Clinical Research Training Center (CRTC) provides a cohesive and supportive infrastructure to foster clinical research training and career development for predoctoral students, house-staff, postdoctoral fellows and faculty. Active mentoring, hands on research experiences and formal didactic programs in clinical research methods leading to a certificate or Masters Degree in Clinical Investigation are core components of the program. The CRTC represents a paradigm shift in the approach to clinical research training for ICTS institutional partners by formally integrating dozens of diverse training programs into a single location and administrative umbrella.
The mission of the CRTC is to provide outstanding clinical and translational research training. This is accomplished by:
- integrating and enhancing existing training programs
- developing new clinical and translational courses
- promoting multidisciplinary team training
- developing new career development programs
- providing improved evaluation and tracking for all training programs
- providing mechanisms and infrastructure for sharing best practices, including educational resources and materials, curriculums, evaluation materials, minority recruitment strategies and materials to track trainees, mentors, faculty, and the training programs
Additional training will be developed to address the broad spectrum of both levels of translational research (bench to bedside and bedside to community) including issues of Good Clinical Practice, investigator sponsored vs. industry sponsored studies, entrepreneurial issues of intellectual property development, recruitment and retention of research study participants, understanding and overcoming cultural barriers, methods of community based research, and reducing health disparities.
Explore the training programs currently offered by the CRTC, including career development awards, pre- and post-doctoral programs, fellowships, and degree programs
Explore the degree programs currently offered by the CRTC, including masters and certificate programs, and browse course listings.