The Recruitment Enhancement Core (REC) is located in the Regulatory Support Center and is a unique service that helps ICTS investigators meet and exceed study recruitment targets. The REC takes responsibility for enhancing recruitment; university wide, by passing a steady stream of qualified participants to the PIs and study coordinators. REC staff also provide:
- Assistance with creating comprehensive, strategic recruitment plans and approaches to maximize recruitment efforts for supported clinical trials.
- Access to the Research Participant Registry (RPR) database, in which over 15,000 potential participants can be queried by study inclusion and exclusion criterion.
- Assistance with development and strategic placement (on campus or in the community) of advertising, whether by print or electronic media.
- Assistance with sponsors, both industry and government, to secure additional funds, when appropriate, to enhance the recruitment and advertising efforts on all trials.
The goal of the REC is to free up the time of PIs and study coordinators, so they can focus on consenting and enrolling participants, while recruitment specialists spend the time identifying interested, qualified participants. The REC delivers systematic, data-driven and strategic support to optimally recruit and retain eligible research participants (to include women and underrepresented minorities) while ensuring regulatory compliance and the highest ethical standards in participant recruitment.
Services & Resources
The REC has 4 levels of service (all cumulative):
Level 1 Services
- RPR database registration, query and referrals
- Flier/poster development
- Web ad development and placement (RPR website, RPR Facebook Fan Page, CenterWatch, etc.)
- ResearchMatch.org access and referrals
Level 2 Services
- Development of print media ads (on/off campus and paid/free)
- Development of radio ads with placement advice and support
- Development of TV and web ads with placement advice and support
- IRB approval support for REC and sponsor generated ads
- E-mail blast distribution of IRB approved ads to appropriate, approved sources
Level 3 Services
- Consultation on protocol feasibility
- Template language for regulatory and budget preparation
- Strategic recruitment plan development and guidance
- Strategic recruitment plan accountability
Level 4 Services
- Strategic recruitment plan implementation
- Detailed patient chart reviews by engaged REC staff (All Scripts, Clin Desk, CIDER)
- Potential participant pre-screening and referrals
- Creation and implementation of IRB approved pre-screening tools and/or scripts
- Enrollment tracking and analysis (monthly)
- Referral network collaboration with targeted medical professionals (community)
The REC offers the following tools:
Facilities & Other Resources
See the standard description of REC facilities and other resources for grant application purposes.