The Research Design and Biostatistics Group (RDBG) guides clinical study design, data collection and data analysis. Assistance is available from protocol/proposal preparation to manuscript development.
Services & Resources
- Support preparation of Protocol/Proposal
- Review scholar projects with CRTC scholars and their mentors
- Triage requests to other appropriate methodological and quantitative ICTS investigators
- Consult with investigators doing their own data analyses
- Conduct data analyses
- Create data management systems for study data
- Consult on creation of study forms
- Available for formal or informal presentations to ICTS investigators
- Develop new instruments
- Coordinating Center for multi-institutional studies
- Available to participate on Data and Safety Monitoring Committees
- Develop new statistical approaches
Methodology Expert Registry (MER)
RDBG has identified individuals from Washington University and ICTS partner institutions to supplement the expertise of members of the RDBG. These experts have agreed to consider requests from ICTS members for methodological input into research protocols. The ICTS has agreed to subsidize the initial consultation to that which would be provided if RDBG itself were performing the services. Any additional effort by the expert will need to be billed to the investigator according to an agreement made between the investigator and the expert. In many cases, a referral to a member of the MER will be made by RDBG when it appears that such referral would be productive. In the instance where an ICTS member has identified a particular expert by referring to the Methodology Expert Registry, the investigator should complete an Service Request Form and provide the expert's name as the "consultant". RDBG will then contact the expert to see if they are willing to accept this particular referral. If so, then the expert will be provided the contact information of the investigator so that a time/place to meet can be arranged.
To enroll as a Methodology Expert please visit this link and complete the enrollment form.
Facilities & Other Resources
For a description of RDBG and other ICTS resources, see the Tools and Resources page.