Council of Training Programs
The Council of NIH-Funded Training Programs is coordinated by the Office of Training Grants and was created to provide a forum where the Directors and administrators of Training Programs at Washington University can meet with each other and with the leadership of the ICTS at regular intervals to discuss issues of mutual interest and develop joint strategies to optimize the function of their respective programs. Issues of common interest include but are not limited to:
- Developing strategies to optimize recruitment of the most talented trainees
- Developing strategies to improve recruitment of women and under-represented minorities as trainees/scholars
- Developing joint strategies to meet curricular requirements that span various training programs
- Sharing best practices, including educational resources/materials, curriculum content, evaluation and competency materials, and methods to foster successful long-term tracking of trainees and mentors
- Developing strategies to smooth the transition from trainee to junior faculty status
Work groups are established to address challenges common to training programs in order to facilitate the coordination of efforts, share best practices, and help prevent duplication of services and resources in clinical research training programs.
A folder on WUSTL Box has been created for Training Grant Administrators to share examples and templates. For access, contact Betsy Abente, MPH, Research Administrator, Office of Training Grants, Clinical Research Training Center (firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.362.1160).