Featured Image: Investigators funded by the 2020-2021 Clinical and Translational Research Funding Program (CTRFP).
ICTS funding helps investigators with innovative ideas overcome initial data and feasibility hurdles to facilitate the exploration of new concepts, the development of new technologies, or the advancement of creative new solutions to intractable clinical, translational, or population health problems. We support research across the translational science spectrum by integrating and coordinating a variety of funding programs with local, regional, and national partners through a model of reciprocal review and joint funding.
Our strategic funding goals are to:
- Promote novel and innovative translational research
- Support the formation of interdisciplinary research groups to promote translational science from novel perspectives
- Assist awardees to complete their projects and to advance their research findings to the next translational research step
- Promote interactions between clinical and basic scientists; between investigators from different schools within Washington University and our academic partners as well as different academic departments and disciplines
- Support collaborations with community organizations
- Promote research by new investigators and junior faculty