The Clinical and Translational Research Unit (CTRU) operates as an in-patient and out-patient clinical research unit for studies that require the following:
CTRU Services & Resources
- 4 private and 8 semi-private beds staffed 24 hours a day (as research necessitates)
- 7 exam rooms
- 5 phlebotomy areas
- 4 infusion bays
- Dedicated exercise and cardiovascular testing rooms
- Temperature-controlled room
- Sleep study room
- Research kitchen
- Certified iv infusate prep room
- Body composition analysis (DXA, Bod-Pod, Pea-Pod)
- Laboratory for sample processing and temporary storage
Staffing by Registered Nurses (with ACLS and/or PALS, NRP, IATA, AHA, CPR instructor certification), Medical Assistants, Registered Dieticians, Diet techs, and DEXA technicians to assist PIs and study team with clinical research implementation as well as with development of research orders and source documents for studies.
Click here for a detailed list of services.
Core Laboratory for Clinical Studies (CLCS)
The CLIA-certified CLCS focuses on providing high-quality, cost-effective testing for clients who have studies of all sizes and complexities.
Facilities & Other Resources
For a description of the CTU and other ICTS resources, see the Tools and Resources page.