The Pediatric Clinical Research Unit (PCRU) provides space and nursing and bionutritional support for clinical research projects conducted with children at Washington University in St. Louis. The unit is located on the 11th floor of St. Louis Children’s Hospital and has exam and interview room space, a procedure area, and a phlebotomy and sample processing area.
- 8 private exam rooms
- Equipped with chairs, exam tables or stretchers
- Cardiac monitoring, otoscopes, ophthalmoscopes
- 1 private cognitive testing room Conference Room, on a limited basis
- Infusion area
- 4 infusion chairs
- Gaming and entertainment system
- Crash Cart
- Plasma glucose monitoring system (YSI)
- Point of care HbA1c and urinalysis testing
- Medication Refrigerator
- CLIA certified
- -80, -20 freezers for short term storage
- Refrigerators for short term sample storage
- Refrigerated and ambient centrifuges
- Temperature controlled equipment monitored daily
- Dry Ice
- All equipment is calibrated annually and available upon request.
- Research nursing services
- Patient monitoring
- Research study coordination
- Phlebotomy, ‘off site’ available upon special request
- Sample processing and shipping (dry ice available)
- IV insertion
- Infusion studies
- Mixed meal tolerance testing and oral glucose tolerance testing
- Pharmacokinetic studies
- Point of Care studies
- ECGs performed (readings unconfirmed)
- Dietary/Bionutrition services
- Nutritional counseling and assessment
- Research diet design and implementation
- Calorie counts and full diet analysis
- Dietary analysis of food records and dietary histories
- Growth assessment and body composition
- Development of education materials
For a description of the PCRU and other ICTS resources, see the Tools and Resources page.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request information about services that are currently offered or download and submit the Application Form (doc) or submit a “Request for Revision or Amendment to Approved Protocol” (doc), if applicable.
Service available to:
All entities, including for-profit organizations, with priority is given to ICTS members.
Monday-Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Closed weekends and university observed holidays.
Secure badge entry for off hour access; Must be requested in advance, for security purposes.
If you need PCRU assistance for off hours, please contact Nurse Administrator, Michelle Ann Ritter at 314-454-6192 or email@example.com.
St. Louis Children’s Hospital
Suite 11, West 19