The Recruitment Enhancement Core (REC) is located in the Regulatory Support Center and is a unique service that helps ICTS investigators meet and exceed study recruitment targets. The REC takes responsibility for enhancing recruitment; university wide, by passing a steady stream of qualified participants to the PIs and study coordinators. REC staff also provide:
- Assistance with creating comprehensive, strategic recruitment plans and approaches to maximize recruitment efforts for supported clinical trials.
- Access to the Research Participant Registry (RPR) database, in which over 15,000 potential participants can be queried by study inclusion and exclusion criterion.
- Assistance with development and strategic placement (on campus or in the community) of advertising, whether by print or electronic media.
- Assistance with sponsors, both industry and government, to secure additional funds, when appropriate, to enhance the recruitment and advertising efforts on all trials.
The goal of the REC is to free up the time of PIs and study coordinators, so they can focus on consenting and enrolling participants, while recruitment specialists spend the time identifying interested, qualified participants. The REC delivers systematic, data-driven and strategic support to optimally recruit and retain eligible research participants (to include women and underrepresented minorities) while ensuring regulatory compliance and the highest ethical standards in participant recruitment.
All registered studies will be posted on StudySearch. StudySearch is an online listing of research studies at Washington University.
Levels of service are cumulative and include all lower level services.
Level 1 Services (Study Registration)
- Referrals from the Research Participant Registry (RPR)
- Posting on our Facebook Fanpage and Twitter site
- Flyer/poster development
- Development of Print/Radio/TV ads (on/off campus and paid/free)
- Media Demographics
- E-Mail blast distribution
- IRB approval support for Volunteers for Health and sponsor generated ads
- Consultation on protocol feasibility
- Strategic recruitment plan development and guidance
- Recruitment plan accountability
Level 2 Services (Strategic Plan Implementation)
- Strategic plan implementation which includes patient chart reviews by engaged REC staff
- Potential participant pre-screening and referrals
- Creation and implementation of IRB approved pre-screening tools and/or scripts
*Level 2 services will be billed to the study. Please call (314-362-1000) for hourly rates*
Email Teresa Arb at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-362-1000 for consultation or inquiries.
Services may be requested by filling out the Volunteer for Health (VFH) Study Registration Form and emailing it to Teresa Arb.
Service available to
All entities, including for-profit organizations, with priority given to ICTS members.
Teresa Arb, Manager
Shea Roesel-Wakeland, Clinical Research Coordinator II
Pechaz Clark, Clinical Research Supervisor